Dr Pepper's Latest Spot is 0-for-10

AdFreak did a great review of Dr Pepper's pathetic attempt to target their new diet soda to men, but I wanted to go ahead and add my two cents.


I'm not going to spend too much time on it, because frankly, it's not worth it. It's not so offensive that it makes me want to start a vendetta. It's just dumb. But I do think it's worth pointing out that both Coke and Pepsi have been able to target and sell diet soda to men without offending women at all. Dr Pepper is taking a big gamble by deciding to blatantly alienate 50% of the population...

When I first saw this ad, it got me thinking about diet soda on a product level. Why don't they fortify it with protein and call it Dr Pepper Fit? That way they can target men on overall fitness instead of just "diet." I know nothing about the making of soda or if it's possible to infuse it with protein, but I guess my point is - there are other options. It's not necessary to reduce women to "romantic comedies and lady drinks" in order to sell your lame-o product.

I don't have much else to say, because AdFreak already said it best: "There is a manchild out there for whom this branding will work. But watch out, manchild. Bring that can near me, and you're cruisin' for a bruisin'."

6 comments:

balaji @ IT Consulting jobs said...

Nice video. posting is good keep it up.

Banner Printing said...

Great day today. I had news exact search from you site. I really impress to read that article. I openly I said your site will go in peak. Thanks Bye.

Anonymous said...

You have a great website that I have been referring to with regards to reading new articles. Keep it up.
Science Jobs

Anonymous said...

You have a great website that I have been referring to with regards to reading new articles. Keep it up.
Chemistry Jobs

Medical Equipment Supplier said...

Awesome day today. I had news correct hunt from you site. I truly inspire to peruse that article. I transparently I said your site will go in pinnacle. Much obliged

Allentown Appliance Repairs said...

Great post, thank you.